Monday, February 28, 2011

Martin Hinge: Introduction

Walking up the stairs should have been an easy thing after all. For he was only sixteen years of age. Arthritis hits most people as they turn fifty so it came as a shock to him when he learned his joints were full of the disease. It was rare for such a young man to have such frustrating problems. Frustrating is a good word here. If examined properly the life of Martin Hinge should probably be noted as frustrating. The stairs frustrated him. That is how I know it started. From the diaries and several items that were mentioned in these personal records (found in a place I believe Mister Hinge once lived) I have been able to find enough footing to tell the account of Martin Hinge as his life progressed. His life began from birth as did ours, but I know nothing of his life until he turned sixteen. No pictures, no notes, and certainly no records of any sort have been or will be discovered during my life time. I have discovered though that Martin Hinge existed. He lived and breathed on the very same Earth that we live and breathe on. All that I dare infer is that Martin Hinge snapped in some way or another as he walked up his stairs. He was only sixteen years old.
"TRUE! --nervous --very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad?"
This is the prose that ran through my head as I first leafed through the tattered diary of Martin Hinge. It seemed as though his mind was warped with feelings of paranoia and frustration. In some ways he could have been thought of as mad I'm sure, but in my mind he was just a misunderstood young man bent on proving his worth. His problems made him the different one in society. The words in his journal allowed me the ability to put together his story. Whether it is more correct than incorrect I shall more likely never know. Hopefully you can put together the puzzle better than I. Most of the duologue is an inference based on the contents of his diaries. I feel fairly confident that it is as close as possible to the actual events. Feel free to turn page after page of this (I believe interesting fits best here) story. It will probably change your life in some way. I hope it changes your life for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment